components, K2 User Groups
Week of 4/20/20 Activity Challenge
"Think Nice Thoughts"
This weeks spin of the virtual wheel landed on the "Think Nice Thoughts" challenge.
The goal is to only say or think nice thoughts about people or things and for every time you catch yourself doing otherwise you have to donate a sum of your choice to your favorite charity.
The challenge was off to a rough start as I caught myself thinking thoughts that were not the nicest on several occasions. I think the by noon I was up to 8 instances! Appalled, I endeavored to do better. I found what was lacking and in need of development was some internal self monitoring. I had to have a separate me watching, monitoring the other me, for one to be a gate keeper and catch when my mind was starting to head the wrong way and then to keep count when I did.
I'm still working on developing that discipline but am finding it to get much easier as time goes. It has been amazing to me to catch my self frequently thinking negative thoughts once my monitoring skill became more enhanced. Why I wonder does a mind do that? Is it just a bad habit or is there some deeper, evolutionary reason?
How to get your body used to working out in hot weather?
Here is an interesting article from SI geared towards marathon runners but the safety tips are good to follow no matter what fitness activity you engage in this summer.
How to Tune Your Radar? Summer Weather is Coming So Now Is a Good Time to Refresh Your WX Radar Knowledge Click Here From More:
Watch tis video to see how to save information entered into your Honeywell FMZ when you have to power down.
56 Things Pilots can ask Siri:
1. What time is it in __________?
2. What time is sunset in ________?
3. When does daylight saving time begin/end?
4. What day is Easter in 2016?
5. Text (person) we landed in _______
6. Turn on airplane mode
7. Make my screen brighter/dimmer
8. Call Signature Flight Support Baltimore
9. Open Marriott App
10. Send text to ________
11. Read my text/email
12. Check my email
13. Call Canpass (if it is in your contacts)
14. How many liters is 200 gallons?
15. How many bar is 230 PSI? (France)
16. What is 30 Celsius in Fahrenheit?
17. What is the temperature in_____?
18. How windy is it in______?
19. What is 6790 divided by 6.75
20. How many meters is 1800 feet? (RVR)
21. How many millibars is 29.92 inches of mercury?
22. What is my altitude?
23. What is the exchange rate between the US dollar and the Canadian dollar?
24. How many dollars is 35 euro?
25. Create an airplane stock list (list can be shared)
26. Add____ to airplane stock list
27. Remind me to order catering in an hour, at 8am tomorrow, next Monday at 6….
28. Wake me up at 5 am, in an hour, in 8 hours…..
29. What is on my schedule for today, tomorrow, next week……?
30. What is on my ____ list?
31. What is the distance between ____ and ____?
32. Directions to_______
33. Walking directions to _________
34. How long will it take me to get to_____?
35. What is my ETA?
36. Find me a good pizza place
37. Where is the closest public parking?
38. I need to relax, play Chopin Walt in C sharp minor
39. What is the stock price for _______?
40. What was the score of the Patriots game?
41. What is the capital of _____?
42. What was the top movie/song/TV show in 19____?
43. How much wood can a wood chuck chuck?
44. What does ______ mean?
45. What is the speed of sound?
46. How many miles per hour is Mach .92?
47. How do you spell_________?
48. How is the Dow doing?
49. Who do the Red Wings play next?
50. What is the population of__________?
51. What language do they speak in the Czech Republic?
52. How many calories/grams of fat/Carbs/Protein/ are in a beer? A Big Mac?
53. Call me Sky King
54. What is the age of consent in Taiwan?
55. What is racecar spelled backwards?
56. Tell me a story
It’s been a normal flight and your mind thinks ahead to your upcoming quick turn. Looking across the cockpit you notice the right boost pump annunciator is illuminated. You mention the condition to the other pilot who remarks; “That can’t happen. The boost pump can’t activate on it’s own without tripping a Master Caution.” Is he right or is he wrong or does it matter?
Confused about the Correct Transponder Setting on the Ground?
As a CEO of XLPilotStaffing.Com, a contract pilot referral service, I am often asked by pilots as well as operators, what are the going rates for contract pilots. As you might expect, that depends.